Thursday, November 29, 2012

Real Deal of the Day @ Target



So, my single cup coffee maker that I got in for free in 1995 finally stopped working this week. It was a promo for video stores as an incentive to buy lots of copies of  "How to Make an American Quilt" when it was released on video. I have used it almost daily since I rescued it from the junk-no-employees-wanted pile. Today, since I had a day off from El Templo Maldito, I decided to go to Target to see if I could find a replacement. I've discovered that, if you check out the ends of the aisles at the back walls, you find some interesting clearance stuff. Knowing this I always walk the back aisles first. Today I struck gold! Not only did I find a coffee maker but there were other matching appliances as well (in four colors): a toaster (got 11, don't need another one), a 1.5 quart crock pot, and a double Belgian waffle maker! The deal? Each one was priced at $5.60! I couldn't pass up a deal like that and, so I got the crock pot, too. If the coffee maker lasts a year I got my money's worth. The crock pot, at that price, is a bonus.

No comments: