Tuesday, August 18, 2009

StudioMONDO Record Collection Update

For the last two years I have been cataloging my record collection at an online site called Rate Your Music. The site's main purpose is to make a database of every piece of recorded music in the world by relying on collectors to supply all the information. It also encourages collectors to rate and review music. I think this is the best thing ever. Whenever I have some spare time, especially late at night when I can't sleep, I add entries from my collect to my page there. Since I have a scanner I also upload cover images, too.

So far I have cataloged 1,261 records (on vinyl) and I haven't started listing my collection of "Various Artists" on vinyl, 7" and 12" singles, cassette tapes, Evatone Soundsheets, 8-tracks, and the who-knows-how-many CDs I own.

A nice feature of the site is the "Visualize" link that shows your collection as thumbnails of each LP cover in your collection. There is also a widget that updates tiny cover as they are added and I have one on this blog page at the right.

No comments: